Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

More Shed Building

Today was a really nice day so I decided to get done a bunch of work on the shed before the weather turned crappy again. It didn't feel like I got a lot done but it went pretty smoothly thanks to a bunch of help from Roger. Setting up the jig for the trusses and then making 10 of them took a lot of the time today. Roger cut 90% of them and I glued and nailed down all the gussets. There was a ton of nailing to do! There were 54 gussets and over 650 nails! Holy smokes I'm tired of nailing those things on!

We made 10 trusses for the roof and here they are. I can't believe how many nails! We used PL400 glue with the gussets as well to make them even stronger.

I framed up the back wall and squared it up. I'm lacking a framing gun so I used deck screws. It'll never fall apart or be blown down now!
I framed up the back wall and squared it up. I'm lacking a framing gun so I used deck screws. It'll never fall apart or be blown down now! I set up the wall to show Nysha when she got home today. I've gotta cover the back wall with Tyvek and then the siding and then I can put it up permanently. Hopefully the weather will stay nice this week so I can get the rest of the walls framed in and set up. Now that the trusses are assembled it should go together alot quicker.

1 comment:

Nysha Murray said...

im so lucky to have a hard working, smart, handsome, and bearded hubby like you!