Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

And then there were walls...

Tonight was a really productive night! Roger came and helped me for an hour an half and we got all four walls stood up and temporarily tied together. I've been trying to get my hands on a 3' roll of Tyvek but haven't been able to find any so I decided to cover the walls with tar paper. I was on hold with the wall up against the house because as soon as I put that wall up, it's up for good. I covered the back wall with the tar paper and then Roger got there to help me stand up the wall and get it all screwed down and leveled.

This is the back view of what the shed is going to look like. It's coming along great!

This is the studly Roger. Don't even think about it ladies, he's taken. :)

Roger grabbed one of the trusses just to see what it will look like with them up and they are a perfect fit! The next step is to level the walls and get them all permanently tied together and then put the caps on the walls. After that the trusses can be put up and then tied together.


When we get the cap on and the plywood on the shed roof, it's going to be right underneath of the end of the house roof, which is what I was shooting for. The hard part with the roof is framing in the door because I've got to make a gambrel dormer over the door and tie that all in. It's gonna get a bit tricky but I'll take that step as it comes.

Yeah, pretty much the coolest bros on the block. :) Just playing. I couldn't have done it without Roger here tonight. He's a stud! More pictures later.

No comments: