Monday, November 23, 2009
The shed is coming along.
This is the next bunch of photos of the shed project. Saturday was a productive day because Roger came and helped me out for about four hours. What a guy! Tonight I worked outside for another four hours after work and got almost all of the framing completed! I'll comment on each picture and give you an idea what's been going on.
This is a picture of the poor little Ranger all loaded down with one pile of dirt from the back yard. I have two more piles this size to take to the dump too! It took me about three hours to move the pile of dirt to the driveway with the wheelbarrow and then shovel it all into the back of the truck. Needless to say, the front end of the truck was sticking up in the air alot more and the steering was a little wobbly! When I got to the dump and dumped the dirt, I came back to the scale and the attendant told me I had 3300 lbs in the bed of the truck!!! I was flipping out because my truck is only rated to carry about 1600 lbs! I now know what they mean when they say "Ford, built tough!"
Just another picture of the load.
This is one of the bigger things I got done tonight. Roger helped me on Saturday to get the door framed in with the header and then tonight I got the trusses all tied into the header. If I had a computer aided drafting program I could have designed the four trusses and gussets to line up with the header. Oh well. Coulda shoulda woulda.
This small stringer was what took all the time to figure out tonight! Holy smokes those were crazy pieces to get lined up! The joint you can see on the 2x2 isn't the best but it'll work. The other side matches up much better. I had to cut down a 2x4 to a 2x2, cut a 22.5 degree shim off of one side, cut the 22.5 cut on the ends to match up with the other ones and then probably a 70 degree cut or so to make it fit with the dormer. It was such a long process but it's going to go fast when I start to sheet everything tomorrow.
Here's an outside shot of the doorway. Once I get it all tied in and sheeted it's going to look really good! I have Dad to thank for the idea for this doorway. Without his ideas I'd probably still be scratching my head trying to figure out how to put the door into the wall. Thanks Dad!
Here's a full shot of the shed at this point. I've got the whole back side and end walls sheeted in and the door framed in. I also cut out the bottom plate of the door way so I don't trip over it anymore. It's getting closer and closer to being done! Hopefully the snow will hold off for just a few more days at least! Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You have done a really good job so far! I am impressed!!
Looks good Dave! We'll have to come over sometime and check out the finished product!
The picture with the lights on in the shed makes me think of a really cool jack o lantern!
You're so talented! It looks great!
Post a Comment