Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

I am also a tailor......

Working at Bullock's I've got many different jobs. Chance had it that sooner or later I would undertake the task of becoming a tailor. There is a Ford Contour that's been sitting around the shop in storage for about the last nine months and now it's going to be sold. I was told to do a really good clean on it and it's been about four days that I've been plugging away on it. I don't have pictures of the amount of dog hair that I vacuumed out of it but it was a sick amount! I wore gloves and face mask the whole time because it was making me itchy! Anyhow, I had to take an upholstery needle and stitch the carpet liner back together. It took me five hours of stitching to get the carpet put back together! Just another day at the shop!

This is the before look. The whole center of the carpet was shreds!
Here's the finished product. For those of you that know how to sew, don't judge too quickly. It looks great now that it's back in the car. By the way, it's upside down.

No comments: