I spaced the rungs 12" apart and put a 15 degree slope on them so the rungs would be level with the ground when it's leaned up against something. I measured the slots for the rungs out and then set my circular saw to 1/2" depth and cut two lines for the inset. Then I took my wood chisel and chiseled out the inset for each rung. I wanted the ladder to be wider at the bottom so the rung on the bottom started at around 18" and went down to 16". I got this ladder built for about $7-8!
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Ladder Project
I spaced the rungs 12" apart and put a 15 degree slope on them so the rungs would be level with the ground when it's leaned up against something. I measured the slots for the rungs out and then set my circular saw to 1/2" depth and cut two lines for the inset. Then I took my wood chisel and chiseled out the inset for each rung. I wanted the ladder to be wider at the bottom so the rung on the bottom started at around 18" and went down to 16". I got this ladder built for about $7-8!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
nicely done on that ladder. it looks totally trustworthy, thanks to the pic of you on it: evidence!
keep the posts coming...it's fun to watch the shed progress!
Very innovative and thrifty!! Good job!!
Post a Comment